Friends of Cornell Football,
It’s time for another Cornell Football Inside Access!
Listen to Coach Archer talk about the off-season efforts of the team and the tremendous progress which has been made. Click here to watch the video!
Cornell Football Red Alerts:
WINTER WEIGHT TRAINING:
We had an outstanding off season weight training program! Check out some of the high lights! (Comparison of team weight room averages from December 2015-May 2016)
- Body weight improvement: + 4lbs
- Lean body mass improvement: + 5lbs.
- 10 yard sprint improvement: -.03 secs
- Pro Agility improvement: -.10 secs
- Bench Press improvement: +14lbs
- Squat improvement: +39lbs
- Vertical Jump improvement: +1.1″
We are bigger, faster, stronger and more explosive than last year! Thank you for your incredible support!
SPRING BALL PRACTICES:
We had our best spring practice season since I have been the head coach. Some of the highlights are listed below:
- We have over 85 players on roster.
- With these large numbers we were able to have live scrimmages which significantly aided in our development.
- Depth Charts were reset each week, and competition was fierce.
- Through our Big Red Power Leadership Development, each player was given the chance to be a leader, and we saw leaders emerge.
- Our Offense and Defense were able to evaluate personnel and see which players were good at which skills, and which ones still need to be developed.
- Special Teams, under new Special Teams Coordinator Guido Falbo, worked on our new punt, kick off, and field goal schemes.
OVERALL PROGRAM NOTES:
We continue to build the program the correct way off the field as well!
- We have had 6 consecutive semesters with a Team GPA over a 3.0
- We have over 65 players (and counting) with internships this summer!
- Career Weekend 2016 was another smashing success! Great Job Coach D!
- This fall we will have over 120 players on roster! This is the highest number of players on our team in recent history.
- Last year we played 2 JV games, this fall we have 5 scheduled. This is a huge step for the development of our program.
- Our Incoming Recruit list was just released – check them out! We are excited to have them join the Big Red!
- We will host our prospect camps this summer. Below are the dates, with links to register! If you have a recruit you want to refer please have them sign up for camp!
- We look forward to seeing you at Cornell Reunion Weekend this year, June 9th -12th
- We look forward to seeing everyone at the CFA Golf outing this summer July 29th-30th (Insert CFA Golf Outing Link)
- Camp Report Day is only 92 days away!
David J. Archer 05′
The Roger J. Weiss ’61
Head Coach of Football